DDNN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Budgie Tragedy 3: the shadows of avia

+5
Admin (DD/Jango)
Damian
Jangos old account
killer-of-sea
BTGames
9 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Budgie Tragedy 3: the shadows of avia - Page 2 Empty Re: Budgie Tragedy 3: the shadows of avia

Post by Guest 2008-12-11, 3:26 pm

XD
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Budgie Tragedy 3: the shadows of avia - Page 2 Empty Re: Budgie Tragedy 3: the shadows of avia

Post by Guest 2008-12-11, 3:29 pm

Nvm, cause you agreed with dragonz.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-11, 3:29 pm

so what?
what is wrong with that?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-11, 3:30 pm

It was about me that's what.
XD
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-12, 2:21 pm

you know what? if I don't get 30 posts between now and new years, I will never release my game on ddnn. in fact, I won't release ANY of my games on ddnn.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Axle 2008-12-12, 2:24 pm

hi
Axle
Axle

Male
Number of posts : 3874
Description : DONT READ THIS YOU WIGGER
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Axle 2008-12-12, 2:24 pm

I gave you two posts XD
Axle
Axle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-12, 3:44 pm

I heard you're looking for someone to pwn your game. Going to play your demo and kick ass.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Axle 2008-12-13, 7:23 pm

damn shouldnt have talked
Axle
Axle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-14, 8:08 pm

Omg.. i'm actually going to try your game... suprised!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-14, 8:31 pm

cool
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-14, 8:36 pm

I'm guessing the part where you meet angel is the end of the demo?

It's a great engine but the other aspects bother me.

You've custom sprited all the birds in this game, but any blocks and backgrounds aren't, which the game doesn't look nice with original and non original in the same game.

The birds in the first level that attack you... pretty much any bird that attacks you... is extremely annoying. Granted each bullet only takes out 1 HP, but they are impossible to dodge, and come in gigantic swarms. You cannot evade dying. Also, I see you have pro, maybe you should turn these into particle effects? What you should do though, is make it so a bullet stops at a wall, and only shoots at your general direction, but does not home in on you. Save that for a boss or something. Also make it so the enemy flies after you maybe, and not in a path? And lastly, they shouldn't shoot if they can't even see you.

The boomerang was programmed nicely, but the speed of it makes it pretty useless. The speed is 10 times slower than an actual boomerang would be. It should go slow at starting off, and accelerate and slow down. The birds are fast enough to easily dodge this. Also if it hits, it should come back after hitting that object. You should turn the ability of it going through enemies and objects into another boomerang upgrade power.

The game so far relied WAY too much on wall-jumping. You should make other tactics needed, such as switches actived by your boomerang, panels you can glide off of, panels (ice) you slip and have no traction on, lava panels and what not, switches that have to be activated by the space key, not make it rely so heavily on jumping and wall-jumping.

One last thing, you should have something that tells you what that enemy has left for hp. Not knowing doesn't help very much.

Sorry to be hyper critical but the game could go veryyy far with some work. :'D
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-14, 8:43 pm

thanks for the tips, but the first world is just supposed to get you acquainted with the movement system. later areas are supposed to be different. also, did you play the password protected one?
that is the latest build. after angel dies, a door should appear. that should take you all the way to skwa-ka.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-14, 8:50 pm

I did not play the password protected one. Lol.

You should really release it here... I'll play it if no one else will, but I'm sure people play it... just don't comment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-14, 8:54 pm

fine. but you have to ask for the password so I know who is playing it. I will give the password to any1 besides people I hate.
(spork, madmaker, sinister.)

get the demo here. also, if you don't want to ask for the pass, join my forum and go into game passwords.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-14, 9:08 pm

I asks for pass plz.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-14, 9:18 pm

already sent it
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-14, 9:22 pm

i found a major glitch. in the boss rush, i cant get past sunrobber and thiefatiel because sunrobber always gets stuck between the wall and the platform and goes down into the lava where he disappears and i cant kill him. o.o
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-14, 9:23 pm

I fixed that in my current version (unreleased)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-14, 9:34 pm

can somebody make custom tilesets for me? I'll say what I need when somebody offers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-14, 9:58 pm

I would but I'm downright terrible. Use me if I'm the last, or all you have.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Axle 2008-12-15, 12:23 pm

Uh, I can, but what is the theme you need? I can do as many as you like but they will be done whenever I finish them
Axle
Axle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-15, 12:39 pm

I'm actually decent. And considering the low amount of life a dragon like me has. I have free time to do them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-15, 4:19 pm

err.. can you start with a techno castle-ish tileset? I want to see some of what you can do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2008-12-15, 5:31 pm

Techno castle? You mean like a robotic kind of area? Hmm... I'll try a little.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next