DDNN Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yearly Checkup

+3
Seikakaze
Sinister96
DaggerHog
7 posters

Go down

Yearly Checkup Empty Yearly Checkup

Post by DaggerHog 2019-04-11, 3:06 pm

Surprising that this place has still survived the sands of time.

I don't go by this name anymore. I use a new moniker now.

Who knows where and when we'll properly meet again? Maybe I've already met some of you older members elsewhere. winking

Consider this another yearly check-in by one of the members who still remembers this place.
DaggerHog
DaggerHog

Male
Number of posts : 135
Description : GML is now easy to do. HOLY CRAP.
Registration date : 2008-06-28

http://www.freewebs.com/daggerhoggames

Back to top Go down

Yearly Checkup Empty Re: Yearly Checkup

Post by Sinister96 2019-08-02, 2:26 pm

Same, I use a different moniker!

Occasionally I grow curious about the forums I and others use to frequent, like DDNN and my own old forum, SSHC

I go by Sini, mostly, and can be contacted via sinirawrz[at]gmail.com , in case anyone is interested

Now, a full-time writer ^_^
Sinister96
Sinister96
Expert Member
Expert Member

Male
Number of posts : 1592
Description : Chyea wats up
Registration date : 2008-07-06

http://sshc.forumotion.net/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Seikakaze 2019-08-10, 4:29 pm

Still alive. happy
Seikakaze
Seikakaze
Expert Member
Expert Member

Male
Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2008-06-05

http://project-gamer.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (DD/Jango) 2022-05-08, 10:30 pm

Remembered my password! Much love to all of you, hope you're all doing great these days.
Admin (DD/Jango)
Admin (DD/Jango)
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 3329
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Confused N Proud 2022-09-29, 6:56 pm

Ha! I love that I'm the only one that hadn't forgotten this place.

Not sure if anyone even remembers me as I was a bit of a lurker back in the day, but have fond memories of this place and the YoyoGames Community. Also a professional writer nowadays too - clearly we were a creative bunch and still are.

If anyone reads this, cheers for keeping me so entertained as a slightly awkward socially inept teenager. I remember using my only spare change to log on to these forums at an internet cafe in Spain once when I was on holiday, so I must have had a blast. Cheers!
Confused N Proud
Confused N Proud

Male
Number of posts : 140
Description : yay! i got hacked!
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Seikakaze 2022-11-12, 7:34 pm

Yup, I've caught up with a few people from this community a couple of years ago. This community really was the highlight of my childhood.

I'm married, live in a different country, and have a kid now. Come a long way since being that hyper weeb who was just maybe a little too obsessed with ninjas. happy
Seikakaze
Seikakaze
Expert Member
Expert Member

Male
Number of posts : 1811
Registration date : 2008-06-05

http://project-gamer.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomkaiser 2024-02-27, 5:03 pm

I thought about this place randomly only to discover its still around, and people have posted here in the last few years? insane.

I don't know if anyone will read this, but I'm a girl now, in a poly relationship, twice married (once divorced), pursuing higher education.

I cant say I talk to many people here anymore, if at all, adult life, relationship issues, my own s--- going on, all I can say is that im sorry.

But whoever stumbles upon this place again, I love you and hope you are doing well. Thank you for the memories, if it wasn't for this place I wouldn't have met my current spouse! Hell...I wouldn't have the good memories of my previous spouse either. (I hope you found happiness comfort and joy without me.)

Regards,

Isabella
Doomkaiser
Doomkaiser
Expert Member
Expert Member

Female
Number of posts : 1607
Description : Tall, Chubby, Brown Curly Hair, Beautiful brown eyes. Ladies, it cant get much better than that, because I am awesome

"I was so fucking right about this by the by" - 2024
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Goreblood 2024-03-05, 7:17 pm

This was absolutely peak internet.. laughing

Not sure if many of you remember me, but I had a lot of fun here bs'ttn with you all in the chat, and tuning in for the latest drama, before getting busy with HS and with my own forum with some of my IRL friends. I remember joining some of y'alls forums too and stopping by every now and then. I kept up with a couple folks from here for a little while, but it's probably been 13 years since I've talked to anyone from this community.

I couldn't believe my timing just now seeing a post from the other day smile Remembered my password, to boot.
I've thought about this place every now and then, but probably the last time I checked back was when yoyogames shut down. Can't believe this site is still up. A lotta cringe posts from myself I don't think I can bear to even glance through, though, lol.

One day in the summer of 2006 I discovered a program called "Game Maker" (v5), by Mark Overmars. Begged my Dad to buy me a license. My first intro to computer programming. I eventually joined the Game Maker Community forums when I needed help; my first real online presence if you don't count Runescape lol. I was 10/11 years old. I think back on this time often; how a bunch of young adults in HS/College were so friendly and offered free programming help and advice to kids like me that obviously didn't know what they were doing. I probably would have given up tbh, without those good Samaritans. Anyway, YoYoGames comes out next and we could share games now, which was crazy. Not really sure how I exactly ended up here, but I remember talking with a couple of you on YoYo games too, maybe someone asked me to join smile, but I think I had just stumbled on one of the DDNN games or something like that. I think there were a lot of people here from GMC/YoYo. That place brought together kids from all over the globe, and some of us landed here.

Anyway, y'all made this a really great time. I used to get banned from my PC all the time growing up for poor grades, because I was wasting too much time on sites like this & learning how to build crap on my PC, instead of doing my homework.
Happy to say that all wasn't a waste of time, in my opinion. Life's had it's downs, but things have been well. My partner and I and bought a house several years back, and I've been doing quite well as a Software Engineer, here in the Midwest US. I still have that same passion for coding as I did when I was a kid, nearly 18 years ago.

If anybody plays OSRS, I still use the same name there, lmfao.

Was really pleasantly surprised that people still came back to share that they remembered this group fondly, especially so recently.
Hope you all are enjoying your lives.
Goreblood
Respected Member
Respected Member

Male
Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-07-10

http://l33t5k00l.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content